Thread: Savage 1907 Extractor Issues

Kiernyc

Savage 1907 Extractor Issues

Hello everyone! I am new here and need some help...after weeks of fussing and fiddling I figured it was time to get some feedback, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a Savage 1907, made in 1912. It is in great condition, but when I bought it is was missing the extractor and extractor spring. I was able to get a new extractor but the spring remains elusive (I did buy one but I was ripped off and it was never sent to me...) I got a sear spring and modified that hoping I could get it working as the extractor spring but it has been dodgy at best. I would say as it is now the extraction system works 70% of the time. Naturally I would really like it to be working 100% of the time! I love old firearms and I don't just collect them to look at them...I want it to be functional! If anyone has an extra extractor spring to sell me, that would be the perfect situation, but if that is not the case I was hoping to at least get some pictures of someone's functioning spring and what the firing mechanism is supposed to look like with the extractor and its spring correctly all in place. How loose/"mobile" is the extractor supposed to be? I think my sear spring solution is not quite working right because the sear spring is slightly smaller in diameter, as well as me screwing it up by trimming it too much and now the tension is all off. Frankly I feel like the extraction system on the Savage 1907 seems fairly weak and issue prone from the get go. Here are some pictures of mine just so you can see what I did. Thanks for any help, and for reading this long-winded story!

Well I thought I was going to be some help to you and dug out three spare bolts I have here and not one of them had the exstractor or spring in them, must have used them up myself. I see even Numrichs is out of stock.

Might try Outback Gun parts.
    Savage- "never say never".