Thread: I feel a bit guilty

I feel a bit guilty

I went to Cabela's yesterday with a hankering for something Savage. Specifically, I wanted to get a short magazine Axis for an as-yet uninmagined project. As I scoured the racks I saw a bunch of new XPs with scopes I didn't need and IIs with Accutriggers I didn't like. But there, hidden behind a Trophy Hunter or some other such thing, I saw the familiar, plain bow of an Axis trigger. I couldn't read the tag, but I knew it was a long magazine. I also saw it was paired with a rangefinder, which is something I've been interested in playing with. When the sales associate handed me the gun, I was even more pleased. The prices for the XPs and the IIs were in the $350-range, but this one was $270. Oh, and I did remember the Savage Rifleman Rebate that the purchase qualifies for. Actually, that's why I was on the prowl for a rifle!

I tried to assuage my guilt by buying a brick of 6-cents-per-round .22 ammo.

Oh, and if you're in or near the Dundee, MI, store, they had one .270 left.

No need to feel guilty. The Axis I built my Creedmoor off of was one I picked up at a rifle clearance walmart ran for a week to clear out some inventory. 243 youth model. $179. That's guilt.

Don't feel guilty, be proud! That's a good deal, and a brick of .22 to boot!
    I recently passed up a brand new top-bolt release .30-06 110 package gun with accu-trigger and very nice bluing, not the usual black matte, on clearance at WM for $325. I made three trips to the store to fondle it, and handed it back every time. I'm the one who should feel guilty.

That's a steal. I paid that for a used one.

I just picked one up from PSA (30-06 w/scope and rings) for $230 shipped, after rebate, so tough to beat IMHO.

Brew