Thread: looking for a aftermarket stock for my tigershark

Basic Member

looking for a aftermarket stock for my tigershark

while i love the look of my tigershark stock it just doesnt work for benchrest shooting and i need to find another type of stock. but i dont know what to get the gun is a model 12 tigershark in 308 all stock what stock would be a good choice with out breaking the bank on a new one i use a adjustable front rest and v-bag the rear looking for something with the rear kinda straight maybe a slight taper for when i have to use just sand bags. front and rear
    heres a pic of how it sits now

Re: looking for a aftermarket stock for my tigershark

Do you want a synthetic or a laminate?

For synthetic/composite I would have to say a B&C Medalist. For a laminate I would have to say a factory BVSS stock. Both have a semi squared off forend and ride the bags pretty decently, and are comfortable to shoot.

Theres other options out there, but it depends on how much you were wanting to spend.

If it is a centerfeed action there is a Medalist in the classifieds right now for 225shipped.

You could always sell your stock to recoup some of the money spent on the new one too.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Be sure to check screw spacing my tigershark is 4.250 not the newer 4.40.
    My bench set up is similar to yours but the rear bag is a protector with the smaller ears and my tiger stock rides perfectly in it. A new set of bags is a lot cheaper than a stock change over.
    My rifle is a model 12 ss with a 26" barrel and a Mueller 8.5-25 definitely not for hunting too heavy but it sure does well on the bench so far.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member

yeah i'm going to keep the origonal stock and it doesnt matter if its wood or not might have to look into that one for sale .yeah i have a spare stock but the holes dont line up so i put it on one of my other savages .thanks for the imput guys and its nice to see another tigershark owner

5. 06-27-2019, 08:42 AM
    Reason
    WTB ad outside of classifieds

Team Savage
    For over the counter, there's lots to look at. I prefer Richard's Micro-Fit stocks, laminated or even walnut for the price and style selection. Most of mine (all but one) are bench rest style with wide forearms and flat butt stocks to ride the bags. Made and fitted for bench shooting. Not pack guns for sure. Any work you invest in makes it YOURS. And if you have a hard time finding the proper screw spacing, you can move the front screw hole a bit and the recoil lug area and get the fit you're after. You're going to bed it anyway arn't you OR adds a V Block? The back ends are the same. Bed or V block. Done it both ways. Most are blocked.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.