Thread: new powders look Interesting

new powders look Interesting

Don't know if it's alraedy been mentioned--my search didn't bring up anything here.

http://gunsafield.com/content.php?12...duron-Powders&
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

I just kind of laugh that every year the powder manufacturers keep coming out with some new Wonder Powders and try to convince us we just can't live without them. Maybe if I were one of those who chased after every last FPS they'd interest me, but to date I've yet to find anything that works better than Reloader 19, Varget, H4350 and H4895 in the rifle cartridges I shoot. If it ain't broke I'm not gonna risk breaking it trying to fix it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Why don't they just make more of the current powders to meet demand? I already can't find the powders I want. Why dilute production with new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by NVBighorn View Post
    Why don't they just make more of the current powders to meet demand? I already can't find the powders I want. Why dilute production with new ones?
    ^^^Absolutely this^^^^+1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBighorn View Post
    yeah no kidding!

It says they will be available EVERYWHERE in 2015

I would be willing to try them, I have been shooting a lot of IMR since I can't seem to find the Hogdgon powders I had normally shot. But having some additional temperature stability in 4350 and 4831 powders would be really nice. 4064 is so close to Varget it doesnt seem like it cares what the conditions are.

LongRange
    Id love to test them I have a short attention span lol...once something is working im bored and start looking for something new to try. Ive shot 139g lapuas.140g nosler CCs,142g SMKs and soon 140g hornady match bullets from my 260 with just about every powder primer combo you can think of and didnt change because they didnt shoot I just like the load development part of all this. Same with my 300wm and dont get me wrong I have my pet loads I shoot at matches. The only powders I havent played with are the vihtavuori powders because of their price.

Not finding the propellants were used to forced alot of us to search/try other powders. Im glad i did.
    Cant find Varget so went the 4064 route.... its worked great.
    Local range had a 8lb jug of 4895 Im keeping my eyes on.
    Sad thing is.........all these SOB,S! are selling almost any reloading components at full retail to the 10th power.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I just kind of laugh that every year the powder manufacturers keep coming out with...
    Speaking of laughing about "the manufacturers". You do realize that every name you know and love, doesn't actually manufacture squat, don't you? The manufacturers don't sell to the reloader.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Not finding the propellants were used to forced alot of us to search/try other powders. Im glad i did.
    Cant find Varget so went the 4064 route.... its worked great.
    Local range had a 8lb jug of 4895 Im keeping my eyes on.
    Sad thing is.........all these SOB,S! are selling almost any reloading components at full retail to the 10th power.
    Yeah--it's getting depressing--there's such a huge variance in prices and I'm starting to have trouble figuring out why I should support the LGS's when they charge so much more for stuff you can get on-line for far less. I figure it's worth it if they have expert knowledge and great service--but that too is getting harder to find. Lately I've noticed what I call "the sneak attack gouge" where some products carried by a store are reasonably priced--but some categories are wildly inflated in price, sometimes much more than the MSRP. Another trick that bugs me is how often they sell you a gun that is the display model--which supposedly is brand new but no telling how long its been exposed to the elements and abuse by customers handling them--and then are told is brand new and the only one they have. I've often revisited the stores later that day or the next and a new display gun of the one I just bought has magically appeared.
    Last edited by thermaler; 10-26-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]