Thread: Remington Accu Tips Misfire?

hprieger

Remington Accu Tips Misfire?

Hi there,

I have read in various forums and on Bass Pro and Cabelas where some people complain about the Accu Tips not firing. Now overall I think there might be some general statistical error, fine. However, since Savage recommends the Accu tips for both the 220 and 212, could it be that the ones that have problems with them experienced this in different guns other than Savage (the pin might mot be hitting hard enough, or what eve).

Anyway, what is your experience with the Accu Tips regarding misfire?

zero
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

hprieger
    Thanks

to be honest I have probably shot something in the neighborhood of 30 or so and not a single issue. Not a huge sample group for sure but I only hunt with it since originally sighting it in and of course the novelty of breaking it in.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

hprieger
    Thanks EFBell, at least some sample group. I guess the stuff one reads on misfiring are several posts where it happens and then one believes that this is a systemic issue. I guess you could probably find misfiring with any shuttle that can happen.

yes, I agree. Sometimes it can be a problem with the weapon and not the ammo. I know one member here had a firing pin issue on his 220F. I cant remember what all the symptoms were but in the end he had a short (broken) firing pin.