Thread: My rifle is on a very picky diet

OneShotWonder

My rifle is on a very picky diet

My .30-06 axis will shoot anything I put in the magazine from 150 grain Hornady whitetail to 180 grain core-lokt SP & PSP and will eject it with no problems. While on the other hand, with my .223 axis I've put some steel case 55 grain FMJ Tulammo through it, fired no problem but had a few hang ups when ejecting, and it was only about half of the box that had problems ejecting. Afterward I got home and started looking at the casings and the rounds with a prominent Tulammo logo stamped on the bottom ejected fine, and the casings with just a circle with no clear logo wouldn't eject/ or fell free from the before clearing the chamber. The same trip to the range, I had a box of American eagle tipped varmints I believe 45 or 50 grain. I had the same problem with only half of the box, but the cases that ejected had a darker colored primer and a red ring around the primer. The rounds that didn't eject had a light colored primer and no red ring around the primer.

I'll post some pictures of the casings and the bolt head later.

If anyone has any similar situations or any information about what might be the cause of the problem please feel free to share, and thank you in advance.
    Last edited by OneShotWonder; 10-12-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Theranthrope
    Where are you purchasing your ammo from? You might have been ripped off. It sounds like someone may be swapping out rounds from each box and replacing them with cheaper, inferior, substitutes to make a quick buck.