Thread: Just sold my older 10FP LE - so help me decide ...

Just sold my older 10FP LE - so help me decide ...

I got $850.00 cash for an older 10FP LE with Sunclear glass ... it was in excellent shape, I had lapped the barrel and it was sub MOA but just too heavy for me these days.

So now I've got this cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm wanting something in the LEO 10 series, but I was hoping for something with the Accustock that could still reach-out from the 500 meter line, and I want the threaded barrel so that I can add my own muzzle break, or whatever. (I was proficient from the 1000 meter line at dinging steel with the old 10FP LE ... and I reload, so .308 is what I am sticking with.)

I've got a little cash to add to what I just collected, plus I know I'm going to spend some extra for really nice glass on this next Savage.

Is the Precision Carbine the way to go? Or, and this is my main question, is there something in another series that might do the trick?

I'd like to spend no more than a grand on the actual stick itself.

I'll be using it for hunting and a little long range paper punching from time to time.

I wanna stick with .308 because I have lots of brass and components.

I've got a 110 in 30/06 that I put a Stockade stock on a few years ago ... enjoyed dealing with Kevin, he's a hoot. But I'm hoping to invest in something with the Accustock this time to save myself the extra expense and the wait time.

Thanks for your input and feedback in advance.

Edited to add: Oh, and two last thoughs ... it would be ideal for it to have a detachable box magazine. Which harks the question, are there larger detachable box magazines available these days for these new rifles?

Also, is the HS 308 24 5R still available? It has the fluted bull barrel right? I dunno. I've not been able to find one but about two years ago I thought this would be the one if it was lighter than the 10 LE I just sold and still met all of the other criterion. If you own one of these and feel like chiming-in, please so.
    Last edited by scrooster; 10-22-2014 at 11:12 AM.

[CENTER][COLOR=#b22222][I][B]In a nation where anything goes ... everything eventually will.[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

CinCityKid1980
    Not an Accustock, but a hell of a deal. Been trying to talk myself out of it for a few weeks now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...18+HVY+THR+BLK

Doesn't list a price?

That's just about the same rifle I just sold, with a slighting shorter barrel, threaded.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the added cost of having to invest in another Stockade stock this time around. The Accustock comes with all the features I should need in a stock, bedded with aluminum pillars and all ... plus that one is gonna be just too heavy. I'm definitely looking for something a couple of pounds lighter.

Where did you see the price on that listing? Or did you call and find-out?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#b22222][I][B]In a nation where anything goes ... everything eventually will.[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

leo version with hs or mcmillian. i have 2 stockades and one factory hs. stockades are great but about 10 month wait on my last one. hs is on the 300 win mag. i just lug bedded it and loaded up some 208 amax. it makes a ragged hole when i can hold it steady. the stock is nice. stockade has a bigger palm swell. 900 or so on gb with hs stock.