Thread: Sent back bmag beginning of june still waiting

huntnmachine

Sent back bmag beginning of june still waiting

I sent my original thin barrel savage bmag back first time in january.When I recieved it back it still had the accuracy issues so I sent it back again the begining of june.It was delivered on june 10th to savage. They said they would upgrade to the new heavy barrel that was over 4 months ago.I keep calling every 2 weeks and they just keep telling me the same thing just a few more weeks. I asked if I could just get a different model gun and pay the difference and they said they couldnt do that.Is anyone else having this same problem? I dont know if they are doing major changes to the gun or what but lots of heavy barrel bmags on gunbroker for sale.What should I do just wait? Thanks Darren

Basic Member
    I sent my HB in at the same time in June and still waiting, they did change the twist in the barrel to 1:8 from 1:9

huntnmachine
    Called savage this morning now they are saying after the 1st of January they received my bmag on june 10th. Maybe ill have it back next November ???????? I just dont understand

Basic Member
    who did you talk to? I have been e-mailing Cynthia and this is one of the last e-mails she sent me a couple weeks ago

Hi Jeff,
    I talked with my production manager and they said the Bmags are in finishing and are coming up to be tested before shipping. They will be here this week and next. Once they are tested they will be shipped out. I am thinking your replacement should be in this batch.

Basic Member
    heard from her again and they are now waiting on the plastics stocks to come in? come on Savage you gotta be kidding me. waiting 6 months + for my replacement rifle is starting to get a little rediculous

huntnmachine
    Savage called my new heavy bmag ships out on monday hope its a shooter

Basic Member
    got as email back today and my rifle is supposed to ship in the next batch, she said maybe this week if they get them put together before they shut down for X-Mas thru new years

Basic Member
    well hopefully this is the news I have been waiting on :)

Hi Jeff,
    Good news, they are telling me your rifle will be shipping tomorrow! It is now in our shipping department getting the paperwork done.
    Happy holidays!
    Cynthia

Basic Member
    got the tracking # it shipped today :)

Basic Member
    I am a happy camper again :)

Basic Member
    another

Basic Member
    now if DIP will get the trigger guard done I can get rid of the stupid plastic one
    I need to e-mail Bob again

Basic Member
    mine also came with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope mounted, which came off for the barska 8-32 x50

the test target that came with it showed .5 group but didn't say at what distance, I forgot to take a pic of it and post

Basic Member
    Lonewulf - glad you've received your rifle. I sent mine in in May 2014 for an exchange and am still waiting. This has been the epitome of poor engineering, planning and general business practices. This marks the second time the rifle has been sent back since purchasing in the spring of 2013. I have already missed 2 varmint seasons in a rim fire - only area. I am fed up with Savage to say the least.

huntnmachine
    Got mine back on December 30 came with bushnell scope mounted.Also came with 2 test targets each target with 5 shots both around 1 " groups but didnt give a distance hopefully 100 yards not 10 yards still no tac driver with 1" groups. Now I just need some warmer weather to shoot it. Ive been thinking about buying a boyds thumbhole stock where did you order the metal trigger guard from?

Basic Member
    DIP products is working on a metal trigger guard but it is not done in their fab/autocad dept yet
    I will post when Bob at DIP lets me know they are ready to start selling them, he is checking Monday to see where they stand in production right now

huntnmachine
    Thanks lonewulf keep me informed I ordered my boyds stock this morning