Thread: Got Barrel on Order?

Basic Member

Got Barrel on Order?

Just curious who else has barrel/s on order.
    What do you have on order?
    what was your projected wait time?
    How long have you been waiting?

I'm waiting on a CBI Criterion barrel 28" 7mm rem mag.
    I was told 16-18 weeks.
    I'm only at week 10.

reynoldsfamily3
    Waiting on a 26 inch 25-06 barrel from Apache, only been about 2 weeks.

mbesancon08
    i ordered a criterion 26" varmint barrel stainless steel 204 gauge from Northland supply and at max they said it would be a 4 day shipment. very pleased with their service..

Ordered a 26” stainless 260 barrel from Apache. Been waiting a couple weeks as well.

Basic Member
    I'm guessing you apache guys don't have a long wait as he seems to take only couple handfuls of orders at a time. Awesome

JW9424 - I have a 26" vamint 260 barrel only its from mcgowen ... 260 rocks.

D.ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightflight View Post
    I'm guessing you apache guys don't have a long wait as he seems to take only couple handfuls of orders at a time. Awesome

JW9424 - I have a 26" vamint 260 barrel only its from mcgowen ... 260 rocks.
    Apache wait times: Awesome.
    Jim's quality of work: Oh my god freaking awesome.
    Jim's price for this level of work and minimal wait time: What comes after Freaking awesome? Oh ya, now I remember...........only place to buy a barrel.

Basic Member
    Well that is comforting to hear. This will be my first barrel from jim.

reynoldsfamily3
    My first from Jim also, but after all the good things I read about his work I couldn't think of a reason to order anywhere else. Plan on ordering another when he opens up again.

Basic Member
    Just Got a call from Brenda at NSS and my barrel should be here Friday the 12th which made it exactly and 18 week wait time. Just thought I would follow up and let ya all know.

I will post picks and then a review once i get things going and have some rounds down range.

PAPERKILLER
    I just ordered a Criterion 260 Remington match in bull configuration, large shank from Jim at NSS. It's a 28" beast. He had it in stock. Brenda called me to let me know it shipped Friday 12/12. Should be here in about a week. This is the second barrel I've ordered from Jim. He is a wealth of information and is always very easy to deal with. I'm still shooting my original .308 Shilen, I have about 500 rounds left before I change over. This is for F class, I cant wait to shoot something that doesn't take 30 MOA to get to 1000 yards!

Basic Member
    PK, right on! I love my 260. I should be able to get things together in the next couple days. The 28" bull is a lot of barrel but I like it!!!

itsmeken
    I have had a Brux barrel on order from Sharp Shooters Supply for months now and paid in full when I placed the order. I was told it would likely be shipped "before Christmas". Still have not received it. What's worse is I have sent several emails for an update and have not received a single reply. Last response from them was Nov. 22nd. Not sure what to do now as I have paid in full and they are now not even replying to my emails for an update. Your opinions are welcome. Should I continue to wait? Should I get my money back go with another supplier? Thanks for any suggestions.

Basic Member
    Just got my Barrel from Apache yesterday. Wow! I can not wait to swap out old for this work of art. No kidding. I ordered it middle of dec, and got it middle of jan.With xmas and new years and all , well worth the wait.Its an excalibur for a Savage LRP .243 1:9 twist,26 "long and ss.Will be next tuesday before I can get it installed. Now Im pumped.Cant wait. Will report asap. Gary
    Last edited by savatage; 01-14-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Basic Member
    Here is a picture of my tube screwed on. Just looking for some powder so I can do some reloading and send some lead down range. Gotta put the scope on as well.

Basic Member
    Ordered my Criterion 26" varmint from Jim at NSS in 6.5X55 yesterday. He had it in stock.

Basic Member
    Waiting for a 223 AI from Apache ordered in Nov.

reynoldsfamily3
    Got my Heavy Varmint 7mm Rem Mag barrel from Jim yesterday. Now to install it.

itsmeken
    @Lightflight - Rifle looks AWESOME! Love the stock style and color! Good job!

Basic Member
    Just placed a call to E.R. Shaw this morning to order a 30" bull profile in 6.5x55 for my 110 long range project build.
    No idea of the wait time, but I'll be ordering a stock & bolt handle to keep me busy while I wait....

Basic Member
    Ordered a 7mm WSM Shilen from Jim a couple weeks ago, the factory didn't have a blank available so it will be a while.

mfast10
    Looks nice! I even like the stock color which is rare for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightflight View Post
    Here is a picture of my tube screwed on. Just looking for some powder so I can do some reloading and send some lead down range. Gotta put the scope on as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfast10 View Post
    Looks nice! I even like the stock color which is rare for me!
    Thank You!

It is now officially broken in. I'm still working on a load.

I'm working with imr7828 and 162 amax. During barrel break in, with a clean barrel, it was shooting under an inch with 3 shots.

I'm over book max for powder with no signs of pressure. I hope to get some speeds soon. With the 28" bull it kicks like a baby.