Guys I have a question, im sure this has been talked about but I have read this site until my brain hurts and Im not sure I have found the answer. My goal is to take my old deer rifle that sitting in the closet and make it a shooter again. I have two boys 10 and 13 both interested in shooting. My savage is in 30-06 and well it packs a pretty good wallop. I want to change to something small and fun to shoot like say 6mmbr. Besides the obvious parts like a new barrel,wrench and gages. what else do I need? My understanding is the bolt face is the same? So no parts needed there right? I read on another thread the older models have a different firing pin? So would I need to change that? And is it possible to go to such a shorl casing like a 6mmbr in a long action? Would I have to do something to the internal mag so a 6mmbr could be a repeter? I really wouldnt want a single shot, perhaps another caliber? I appriciate any direction yall can give me. I believe my rifle is a early 90's model 110 long action stagger feed blind mag.