I took some aa5744 to the range and tried to shoot some 250 shockwaves and some 250 TMZ,s i tried 40 41 42 43 grains and just can not get it to shoot them straight.
Some of the bullets hit the white vinyl sideways could it be the sabots ? It was 40 out so i don't think it was a heat problem. Plus i was helping my two buddies sight in there scopes ,so my gun sat in between shots.
well, that's it for the negative side of my savage! I hit the woods for an evening hunt and was holding up a big oak tree,maybe it was the other way around. I looked to the west toured the trail and saw a red sign,well i thought it was a sign. Let me say i hunt on dnr property and there are red signs every were. well, after about 45 min. the sign started to move. with only 2 days left of muzzleloader season left i was not going to be picky. The sun was hitting this doe just right to make her front shoulder red and sign like. So,it was on she was heading north through a lot of trees. I let go of the oak tree and rolled to the other side for a better shot she stopped at 80 yards broad side all i could see was her head sticking out from behind another oak tree,so i took the top of her head off. She did not run she did not walk just dropped like a rock. that is how sure of my savage i am. With the .458 and orange sabot this gun is awesome. Thank you Randy for all of your advise and keep up the good work!!!