Thread: Stock Question

adam.croner

Stock Question

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a Savage Trophy Hunter XP in .308 now to my knowledge this is a model 11 and I am looking for a better stock for it but I just keep running into problems such as this stock wont accept models with plastic DBM or that stock wont except a bottom bolt release. I have tried to search up and down in the forum to try to potentially prevent a repeated post but I cant find anything and I am getting stuck. Anyone else have an issue with this or anyone know of a stock that may work?

You should be able to purchase any 4.4 centerfeed stock. I believe stockys offers some inlet for the bottom release. Or, use a dremel with a mill bit and open up the new stock to accept the bottom release. This will probably be best with a wood/laminate stock as plastic could melt. Here is a stockys I opened up.

dryfly74
    I run into the same issue. I have a .308 savage 11Vt. I have seen post about it but no clear answer. I am talking with Stocky Stocks to figure out if the Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist will work. They say it fits 4.40 center feed and thats what I have. As long as it short action. Just not sure with the bottom bolt release. Guess I can dremel it out.

Travis1971
    I contacted Savage and just asked them. what they told me was they would sell me the internal frame, the bottom metal for the current clip (or I could buy a new clip for more money) and a new trigger guard. If I just want it in blue it would be $120. and this should fit a "normal stock". I don't know if this is true or not but I'm sure savage knows, they listed the part numbers needed and state they were in stock and I could get them any time. Has anyone tried this route? I wish they would just keep there 75 dollar rebate and put the parts on to begin with. But the reason I came here was just to ask if anyone had a normal model 10 stock with the internal frame , detachable magazine and trigger guard they wanted to sell?