Thread: F-Class Help - Looking to add F-Class to our local range and need some info.

Ranger412

F-Class Help - Looking to add F-Class to our local range and need some info.

I'm sorry, but I've done several searches on F-Class and I'm not coming up with much. I've looked over the NRA rules and I guess I'm just having trouble deciphering it all.

Our local gun club just expanded to 600 yards and we've traditionally had difficulty getting folks to show up for NRA Highpower and CMP Garand Matches. To address that, we developed a scoped rifle match that uses a combination of paper targets and steel plates. Its been quite fun and well attended. However, with this recent expansion to 600 yards I'm excited about the opportunity to get F-Class / F/TR matches started up.

Obviously we'd lean toward the mid-range course that includes 300, 500, and 600 yards. Is there any good on-line sources for information on this match?

Any other help you could provide on setting up/running these matches? I'm currently not the match director for these, but I might be able to make a bid for the position as the current guy is loosing traction/enthusiasm.

JCalhoun
    Most F-Class matches are 3 relays at 600y (3X600) or 3 relays at 1000y (3X1000). Palma course is 1 relay at 800y 1 at 900y and 1 at 1000y. Since you have 600 it would easier to run the 3X600 than try to incorporate the 300 & 500 distances. You could also run a 3X200 which is a 600y target reduced in scale to 200y.

I would suggest they you and a few buddies attend a few NRA mid/long range matches and take a lot of notes on how they are set up and run. Also talk to the match directors for advice.

There is a range in Blakeley, GA that does LR matches. I think they still have mid range at Columbus, GA. If you don't mind taking a bit of a drive the Palo Alto range in Donaldsonville, LA runs a fine mid range match.

acemisser
    speaking from my own experince,the first thing you need to do is check your clubs insurance policy
    to cover your ass..And the second is getting some volinteers lined up.It's a lot of work to do it on
    your own..