Thread: 110 blind magazine action to detachable box mag center feed conversion

110 blind magazine action to detachable box mag center feed conversion

I have the opportunity to pick up a Manners long action stock with center feed detachable box mag for a great price. However, my action uses a blind magazine system.

What issues will I face if trying to use this stock?

TIA

Assuming your current action is a long action. It will depend on the type of blind mag you have. You can convert centerfeed to DBM but you cant convert staggerfeed to DBM. So...a centerfeed blind mag will stay in the stock when you take the action out of it. A staggerfeed blind mag will stay attached to the action when you take the action out of the stock.
    IF you have a centerfeed mag then all you would need would be the DBM bottom piece.(you can use your current mag box and follower) (You can get them through savage parts, and probably through some places online.) Or...you can just order a detachable mag and be done with it.
    The stock will need to have the bottom metal or you will need to purchase it separately.
    I haven't messed with the bottom bolt release guns but youll need to verify that as well as far as I know.
    I think I got most of it covered and hope its not too confusing. The other guys on here maybe able to explain it better and add some stuff if I left anything out
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Team Savage
    +1. If you are going from a 110 LA center feed blind magazine to the Manners LA CF with DBM inletting you will need a metal DBM frame assembly (surround), metal bottom cap, shorter front action screw and most likely a new style metal trigger guard with the thicker front lip. I've also bedded or used a spacer to raise the front of the older style flat lip trigger guard and rear of the DBM frame level with the bottom of the stock. Post a picture of your current 110 action, trigger guard and magazine box and the members can give you the correct advice.

You won't be able to convert a 110 LA stagger feed without doing some mill work on the action. Cheaper to just pick up a used CF action.
    Last edited by jpdown; 10-11-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks guys, you save me a few hundred dollars and thousand headaches.

seanhagerty
    Call CDI and talk to them about it. They have a "buy it, get it installed free" special going on. They may be able to help you figure it out.