Thread: Scope Question

x-hunter

Scope Question

I finally got my new 220 to the range last weekend. Mounted a Nikon Slughunter with Weaver rings on an EWG base, Looks great, hangs nice. Set the gun up with bipod and bags to bore sight it. Target was at 25yrds.I ran out of vertical adjustment with cross hairs 6 in over POI . Scope is bottomed out. Confused, figuered it's not real easy to bore sight with a bore that big and target that close. So I fired a shot and hit exactly 6in low. second shot same hole. No need to waste any more ammo. Set up and bore sighted at 50 yrds and of course still way high. I checked the base and rings with calipers and they measure up fine. I called EWG thinking maybe I need the 20moa base, they said no way. Maybe I didn't have the rear ring seated down into the rail properly. I checked it out and the install looked good. My next move is to try a different scope. Any suggestions?

Get some Burris signature zee rings with 20 moa inserts and that should fix your problem.

sounds like either some problem with the installation or with the scope.
    I have an EGW (o moa) base on mine and it works fine. Check, check and check it again. Are you sure your not going the wrong way with the elevation knob? Hey, just checking.... LOL...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~