Thread: Savage Model 11 Stock Question

dpollard

Savage Model 11 Stock Question

I was able to purchase a donor rifle today for a long-range build I am beginning. Iwill be putting together a .260 Remington to shoot out to 1000+ yds. The gun I picked up today is a Savage Model 11 chambered in 22-250. It is a Cabela's exclusive gun. I will be pulling off the factory barrel and stock to sell.

I've never done this before so please forgive me if this is a super basic question. When I pulled the stock off the action the blind magazine is attached to the stock. I tried to gently pull on the magazine to see if it would come out but it didn't. My question is how do I get the magazine out?

Basic Member
    heavy, flat head screwdriver pushed against the outside, bottom edge of the end of the magazine. Push it hard and twist. Basically, there are tabs on either end of the mag box that slip into slots cut in the underside of the bottom of the action. One end needs to be pushed back and clear of it's slot in the receiver. Check FAQ's for a pic and article / demo.

dpollard
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    heavy, flat head screwdriver pushed against the outside, bottom edge of the end of the magazine. Push it hard and twist. Basically, there are tabs on either end of the mag box that slip into slots cut in the underside of the bottom of the action. One end needs to be pushed back and clear of it's slot in the receiver. Check FAQ's for a pic and article / demo.
    Thanks. While you were replying I found the article: http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...28SF-and-CF%29