Thread: Price of a 12 BVSS in .223? 6BR build

MDM

Price of a 12 BVSS in .223? 6BR build

Is $700 a good price for a new 12 BVSS?

I'm having a hard time deciding on what I want to do. I sold an AR for $900 with the intention of replacing it with another .223. I also want to build a 6br and I don't know what I should do first. If $700 is a good price on the BVSS, it may make my decision easier. I would rather have a 1:7 twist, but I'm wondering it the 1:9 twist of the BVSS will stabilize a 77g Matchking?

Another route I could go is buy a Shilen barrel for my existing .223 Stevens, and restock it and probably have a better shooter than the BVSS for a couple hundred cheaper, but then I won't have an action to build the 6BR on. Decisions ...Decisions.

Re: Price of a 12 BVSS in .223? 6BR build

Saw a new BVSS in 6.5-284 go for 589 a couple weeks ago on Gun Broker. I think $650 or so is about the going rate so it's not terribly high. Is that an out the door price? I have one that I bought for 600 and it's probably the most accurate rifle I own. You might be ok with the 77's out of it. I tried a couple of 80 grain bergers out of mine last sunday and they appear to be shooting ok.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

MDM

Another route I could go would be to buy the BVSS. Take the barrel off and put it on the Stevens action. Then just buy the 6BR barrel and put it in the BVSS stock and action. I would still want to get a better trigger for the 6BR. Will the accutrigger fit on the Stevens 200 action?

McKinneyMike

Or buy a stocked action from Northlander and add a nice Shilen, McGowen, etc pre-fit barrel of your desired caliber, length and contour.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyMike
    Or buy a stocked action from Northlander and add a nice Shilen, McGowen, etc pre-fit barrel of your desired caliber, length and contour.
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Check his prices on the complete bvss also. His prices are about as low as you'll find. His ads are in the Vendors classifieds section of this site.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood