I bought a model 110 about a decade ago from an individual but actually know little more than that about the rifle. I was thinking about contacting Savage to see if they can tell me things like when the gun was produced, when it was originally sold, etc. I've also heard that their CS sucks. Is this true? If I do call, would they be able to give me information about my gun or is the whole thing a waste of time? I really just want to know more about it. I bought it when I was 18. Shortly thereafter I joined the military and handed it off to my brother for safe keeping who had it until about six mos ago. By the time he returned it I'd completely forgotten about it so Christmas did indeed come early. Now that I've been shooting it, I've come to adore it. Perhaps someone out there can help me out prior to calling Savage. All I know is that it's a model 110 chambered in 30-06. I have the SN of course but is there other model variations that I might need to know about? (eg. Remington model 700 SPS/ SPS AAC-SD/ etc.)