Thread: Replacing non-accutrigger with an accutrigger

Aggie04

Replacing non-accutrigger with an accutrigger

My brother bought a Model 11 Trophu Hunter package without an accutrigger. I found a model 12 accutrigger for a good price and have been trying to get the new trigger on the rifle and it doesn't look like it will work. Has anyone tried to put an accutrigger on one of these riffles?

(I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm working on it right now and on my phone so didn't use the search function)

Team Savage
    It will depend on what type of trigger assembly Savage used at the time of manufacture for the Savage model 11 Trophy Hunter your brother purchased. If it is the Axis-style trigger assembly and hanger, and you are a paid member, you can go to the Home page on this sight and look under the Articles tab. There is a step by step article with pictures on how to convert an Accutrigger for use in an Axis trigger assembly. Otherwise I don't think you can install an Accutrigger on a non-Accutrigger Savage action. You will need to use a Savage Timney, Sav-1 or -2, or SSS competition aftermarket trigger. A picture of the actual trigger assembly would allow us to give you a definitive yes or no answer. Savage is always changing things up, which keeps us guessing.

Aggie04
    Thanks for the reply. I had given up and was assembling the original trigger back on the rifle and noticed that there was an extra hole on the main trigger body (that a pin goes through to hold lock the safety in place). The issue I had when trying to put the accutrigger was that there wasn't anything holding the safety on place. So I decided to switch the main body of the accutrigger with the body of the non-accutrigger that had the second hole (remove the pin holding the trigger in the main body). Once I switched the actual triggers out, and put the accutrigger into the main body of the original trigger assembly, I was able to get the safety to function properly. So now I have a safe and functioning accutrigger on my brothers rifle.