Thread: savage action ?

Basic Member

savage action ?

I am trying to find out which action to buy to start my build. Are both the CF and SF internal mags? Which one can be converted to a detachable box mag? I am wanting a long action for 25-06. I don't need a DBM but are they both a top feed and top eject or what?

Yotewhacker

Re: savage action ?

Welcome to the forum, if you cant find the answer around here it does not exist!

I am also a new guy but I have 3 rifles that are cf actions with dbm's. I could be wrong, but I believe that the sf actions have the box attached to the action itself, where as the center feed does not. So you want to get a cf action if you want to convert to detachable box mag at some point. I hope this helps, otherwise someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Basic Member

Centerfeed is what you want for conversion to detachable mag. You just need to decide if you want a long or short action.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ~ George Washington

Basic Member

Thanks. That is what I was wanting to know. Now I am going to give northlander a call for an action.