Thread: LA Savage 300 H&H

Bearguide444

LA Savage 300 H&H

I have searched the forum and haven't found an answer. I found a chart that says what fits but my Question is can I build a 300 H&H on a 110 long action was a 300 wm I know what the COAL is if I build it will it shoot multiple shots or will it be a single shot? has anybody done this set up before? If so can you tell me some of the good with the bad and the ugly about your build.Any help is appreciated.

Bearguide444
    Is there anybody that can answer this question for me?

sparky123321
    You're going to be in the same boat as someone building a 338 Edge on a 110 action. Depending on the bottom metal/magazine you use you're going to limited to 3.6-3.8" OAL or less. You can pretty much forget shooting any 300gr bullets out of the magazine and even some 250gr. You'd probably be OK with a shorter 250gr bullet out of the magazine, but you may still have to seat the bullet beyond the base of the neck. My brother and I are both building Edges on 111/114 actions. I got a great deal on a factory lapua HS stock that my brother is going to use for a repeater. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to make mine a single shot. My brother figures he will load single rounds at the range, especially the 300gr, but still have the option to load up some lighter/shorter bullets in the magazine for hunting. I don't plan to ever use my Edge for hunting, so single shot makes the most sense for me.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.