I'm about ready to toss my Axis 308. This is my 3rd scope. Latest attempt to dial it in was useless. First two shots were touching each other 1" left and 1/2" down. Should have been a simple 4 click and 2 click to be bullseye. Well not quite...after adjusting my scope, the next three shots were all over the place but all within an 1.5" from bullseye. Basically the more I fiddle with the scope, the more sporadic the groupings got. Since the first two shots were almost chasing each other, I tend to think its my optics not holding center. I'm using a BSA Majestic MDX624x44sp. The remainder of my box was spent trying to get the scope centered but every adjustment just brought me in circles. I've never had this problem before especially starting out with such a tight group. Heck, my old Mosin with an Archangle stock in more accurate and that is a real disappointment. I am at the point were I am thinking the optics just can't handle the recoil.

So here's the question, I need real world experience on which optics I should buy. Want to keep it under $300-350. That is Nikon, Leupold, and Bushnell range. Would like at least a 10X power. Can someone suggest a scope that they have used or know holds center with a 308?

It's either find optics that work or the rifle goes on consignment which would be too bad because it has a nice new Boyd's stock.

thanks,

dan