Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote Gun?? Savage Axis or Ruger American Predator?

Basic Member

I think youre talking about OLD rugers. I believe my buddies ruger is like that. It has one of those fixed dovetail style receivers. The ruger american and american predator are new rifles and use a picatinny base for mounting which can be moved around like any other rifle or like an "ar15"

As for glass. I used to feel the same way. I subscribed to the mentality that whatever the cost of the rifle is the minimum but more often double what you should pay for a scope. With a company like primary arms entering the market i no longer feel that way and would buy their scopes all day long over a nightforce, swfa, leupold, etc. You couldnt pay me to run any of those if you tried.

evangorp
    I know ultimately it comes down to me purchasing what I feel best fits my needs. I have a tendency to over research many things, this purchase being one of them. I guess I just felt as if the gentlemen made me feel "stupid" for wanting to purchase a Savage Axis. Now I don't believe those we his intentions, but that's what I picked up from his body language. I have read and seen enough to believe that the Axis' can be a very accurate budget gun if you take the time to make it so. And maybe there are a lot of others that just don't know or want to believe what the potential of them can be, not any fault of their own, they just don't know. At the end of the day, I know that I don't want to spend more than $800 total on this rifle with scope and all included, so I just need to keep that in mind and find what fits my criteria best.

Broke_Okie_Ty
    Keep in mind the guy behind the counter is a salesman. Of course he's gonna try and talk you out of $400 and into $1000. But, it sounds like you know what you should/want to do

evangorp
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke_Okie_Ty View Post
    Keep in mind the guy behind the counter is a salesman. Of course he's gonna try and talk you out of $400 and into $1000. But, it sounds like you know what you should/want to do
    You are correct, I guess I was just looking for some reassurance that I wasn't flushing money down the toilet. I'm sure down the road I will want a higher $$ gun, but then again maybe not, this gun and more like it could possibly do more than I would ever want/expect! After all if you look through the Axis pictures and showed them to someone who wasn't in the know, they would probably be shocked as to how little some of those builds cost. Some look and probably shoot just as nice as many custom builds out there!!

Broke_Okie_Ty
    That's what I like about the savages, I never feel like I have been "had" when buying one.

I wouldn't buy a new Marlin any more than a new Remington (see Remlin); I've got a Savage 11 Trophy Hunter in .223 on layaway, comes with a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC scope, $469, UNDER 400 after 75 rebate. Can't beat that for value. Savages are, gun for gun and dollar for dollar, the most accurate firearms out there. Period.

Basic Member
    I love savage but just didnt know how good those 11 th xp were so i ended up buying a ruger american predator in 6.5 creedmoor. In a few weeks ill be dropping it in a boyds stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12