Thread: One Piece Rail with Blind Mag?

One Piece Rail with Blind Mag?

Hey guys, a quick question...
    I have a Savage 110 in 30-06 with the 4 round blind mag, and I'd like to put a one piece steel rail on it, like the Warne zero moa rail.
    Is it even possible to use a one piece rail with the blind mag, or would top-loading be nearly impossible?
    Anyone ever done this? I have searched both here and elsewhere, but I have yet to find a definitive answer.
    Thanks for any and all input.

I have got 10 or 12 of that type of action with one piece bases on them and blind mag and no trouble . I use mostly EGW bases and since I now mostly shoot target have switched to single shoot adapters.

Basic Member
    Yea, it can be a little bit of a pain, but not much more than a two-piece. The scope will interfere with top loading anyhow. In a tactical situation, I would want to use a DBM, regardless. To me, the issue is more about top loading vs. bottom loading than it is about the rail.

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Yea, it can be a little bit of a pain, but not much more than a two-piece. The scope will interfere with top loading anyhow. In a tactical situation, I would want to use a DBM, regardless. To me, the issue is more about top loading vs. bottom loading than it is about the rail.
    I definitely want to go with a detachable mag, and I do plan to upgrade to a DBM in the future, but that's down the road a bit.
    I just need to decide on a stock first, and start saving.

So, considering what y'all have offered so far, I think I can safely order the Warne rail.
    Thanks again.

DzNutz
    I talk about a good rail and ring combo on my 110 in this thread over on the 110 Parts board. Loading the blind magazine can be done with the rail I mention:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ng-suggestions