Thread: Weaver vx9 adjusment?

Basic Member

Weaver vx9 adjusment?

I bought a savage 110,30-06 yesterday that came with a weaver vx9 that has an extra,adjustable,reticle.some sort of movable bullet drop adjuster it seems to be.has anyone here owned one of these scopes?could you possibly give a short tutorial on how to sight this thing in and use the other reticle line?thank you for any info you can give,deer season starts saturday and I was kinda wanting to use this new savage.

Basic Member
    Using the power ring, bracket the deer's body between the horizontal crosshair and the second stadia line and that is supposed to give you the distance to the deer. That is if the deer is average size. If not your estimate will vary. Many companies used this type of ranging system in the days before laser rangefinders.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the reply,that makes sense,the top dial is actually two parts.a large dial with a smaller dial threaded into the center.the smaller dial is the one that actually moves the stadia.not exactly sure what the larget dial is for.but it also has yardages printed on it.any idea what they represent?

Basic Member
    I haven't seen one in too many years to remember exactly, but usually on that type scope the numbers represented the distance to target. There were a lot of variations to the system to avoid patent infringement.