Thread: choate custom tactical adjustable

LongRange

choate custom tactical adjustable

Do any of you guys have this stock? Looking for some feed back as im thinking about one for my 300wm...its living in the factory 110BA aluminum stock now and ive never really cared for the stock and even less now after building my 260 in a B&C A5 fully adjustable...ive read a lot of good reviews.

I have one... I need a new system for my other savage... most likely going to go with folding chassis for the other, and possibly to replace choate as well... just too **** long at 52 inches!!!

Otherwise it is very nice... looks great, and heavy as I wanted... i have a 26" 30-06 varmint contour and it all comes in at 16lbs

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Digduggy View Post
    I have one... a new system for my other savage... most likely going to go with folding chassis for the other, and possibly to replace choate as well... just too **** long at 52 inches!!!

Otherwise it is very nice... looks great, and heavy as I wanted... i have a 26" 30-06 varmint contour and it all comes in at 16lbs
    Thats what I wanted to hear...my 300 weighs In at 19.6lbs right now and im not wanting to loose any or much weight...I think im going to order one monday, thanks.

Ok... maybe 16.5 :-P

Glad I could help... Mine dont fit in my VW golf anymore so need folding chassis... But the choate is nice....

Are you handy around a shop at all?

LongRange
    Lol...yeah im pretty handy with tools.

For what its worth, I had trouble getting the custom cheaper because of what I was looking for, being a leftie and all...

I ended up getting the stock from eabco for 200, the adjustable butt for 85 from tactical works, and the adjustable cheek for 92 from Choate... even with shipping it comes out just under 400... the trick is to not screw up cutting the cheek... there is a channel tha the block sits in, so cut it high and come down from there with the block in place...

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Digduggy View Post
    For what its worth, I had trouble getting the custom cheaper because of what I was looking for, being a leftie and all...

I ended up getting the stock from eabco for 200, the adjustable butt for 85 from tactical works, and the adjustable cheek for 92 from Choate... even with shipping it comes out just under 400... the trick is to not screw up cutting the cheek... there is a channel tha the block sits in, so cut it high and come down from there with the block in place...
    Im thinking im not that handy...ive built a few tube buggies but not quite ready to cut into a stock. Im right handed and see the custom for $430 so I think thats how im gonna go.