Finally ordered my barrel from AR Performance over the weekend ... picked it up at the post office at about 12:30. By 3:30 the OE barrel and bolt head were on the bench and the ARP barrel was headspaced and locked down with a new barrel nut.

The OE Axis stock needed just a little trimming with a utility knife to float the barrel since the OE 22-250 barrel was a sporter profile compared to the magnum profile ARP chose for his threaded 20" barrels. BTW, the new barrel is just under 2 lb 15 oz, compared to the OE sporter barrel at 2 lbs 9 oz.

Like some other reports from people using 223 bolt heads opened up to 6.8 SPC size, my extractor is a bit fussy. Think it's going to take a little bit of grinding to clean up the horns that protrude into the area where the rim of the cartridge goes. Some rounds fed fine in my function test on the bench while some would not chamber due to contact with the extractor.

I plan on taking it out to a neighbor's farm tomorrow, sight it in and letting my son get used to it ... it's to be his first deer rifle.

That's a Silencerco Harvester on the end of the barrel. Glass is a Leupold VX-2 2-7x Ultralight mounted in Talley lightweight low/extended rings.

Before I even ordered the barrel I put a Rifle Basix Sav-1 in it ... sweetness.