Thread: Shout out to ER Shaw! Action Facing!

Shout out to ER Shaw! Action Facing!

I decided to have both my savages done at the same time, basically keeping both identical as I mod them... i hated to pull the 06 apart becaust of brake timing, but decided to do the whole package on both and be done...

So I ended up with a work trip to Pittsburgh and remembered ER Shaw was out here, and sure enough they do action work! I called yesterday and the window was too narrow to drop off and pick them up next day before trip home, so it was decided I would drop them, and they would ship back.

I show up today and it happens they had the machine set up already and happened to have been truing actions today! $25 each and a half hour later, I walked out a very happy customer!

Now waiting for PTG bolt parts for both, so I can lap lugs and shoot again!

Basic Member
    Well, squaring the ring face won't mess up your brake timing unless you're using shouldered barrels in lieu of a nut. With the nut the headspace remains the same provided you can reinstall the barrel back into it's previous headspace rotation.

What you may want to check however is the lug setback in relationship to the recoil shoulder of the stock and the action screws. Whatever amount was turned off will move the action ahead the same amount in the stock.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    The guys at ER Shaw are very pleasant to deal with and talk to. Not much of a "super fancy/modern/flashy" place as it shows it's age but honestly it could be ten times worse than it is and I'd still do business with them. Did you happen to swing up the road and go in their showroom/retail store?

Ok, thank you!

It *may* change the headspace with ptg bolt head and body, may not... As well, the lapping of the lugs *may* move things back a smidge...

But hey... it'll be square!

Maztech, I did not... Im going to try tomorrow...

I spoke to Max, as well as a manager in the front office and they were both great... albeit busy as hell...

I thought they moved to a new location with new machinery,at least that was the excuse I got while waiting over a year for a barrel.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Doesn't look new... they do have some fairly new looking cnc machines... I think those were the reamers...