Thread: Remage 721 Remington

Luke45

Remage 721 Remington

721/722 Remington, anybody convert to remage barrel and nut?

I have a 721 30-06 that I hunted with growing up, it shoots lights out but have been contemplating an aftermarket barrel

dcloco
    I have a 721 made in the second year of production. This one also shoots "lights out" as well. Do not believe the metal and craftsmanship available today, will never measure up to what we currently have.

But, you can definitely use the conversion barrel on your rifle.

I've done it. I also milled the tang for a 700 trigger. Then dropped it into a PSS stock.

Poor man's Sendero with better performance.

But, I would never tear apart a rifle that shoots lights out. Find someone's beater to fix.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcloco View Post
    Do not believe the metal and craftsmanship available today, will never measure up to what we currently have.
    Um. You lost me a bit on this. I know what you meant.
    I think.

Luke45
    Thanks guys! I do believe they may be the most underrated action ever built. To this day haven't felt an action as smooth and lock up like fort Knox like a 721.

Mine was built in 1951, and still shoots legitament 1/2 Moa (100% stock rifle except free floated barrel) with a 63 year old barrel with a couple thousand rounds in it, my thoughts are what could this go with a match grade barrel?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke45 View Post
    Thanks guys! I do believe they may be the most underrated action ever built. To this day haven't felt an action as smooth and lock up like fort Knox like a 721.

Mine was built in 1951, and still shoots legitament 1/2 Moa (100% stock rifle except free floated barrel) with a 63 year old barrel with a couple thousand rounds in it, my thoughts are what could this go with a match grade barrel?
    If you want to try to improve on it, go ahead, I wont try to talk you out of it but if it were mine unless its a match rifle I would not have a reason to try to shrink the groups below .5 moa. The barrels in the time frame yours was built had cut rifleing, I wouldnt pull it untill it was worn out.