Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different Choate question

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broke_Okie_Ty View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to buy new bottom metal and DBM set up. Any suggestions on a mag that will run 300wm at 3.65"ish?
    3.6 isn't too bad. Pretty sure AICS mags will get you that, so CDI bottom metal. Accurate mag also makes a 3.6 as well as a 3.85 length that will handle 3.75ish OAL. PTG one on midway may even get you 3.6, not sure.

Broke_Okie_Ty
    I have been searching for a list of bottom metal and mag makers. I want to run the 215 hybrid bergers and as far as I can tell, a proper set up is OAL of 3.65ish. I am having a hard time putting this together. Accurate Mag says they have mags with up to 3.850 which is plenty to run the cartridge.

Basic Member
    I have been searching for a list of bottom metal and mag makers. I want to run the 215 hybrid bergers and as far as I can tell, a proper set up is OAL of 3.65ish. I am having a hard time putting this together. Accurate Mag says they have mags with up to 3.850 which is plenty to run the cartridge.
    Yes, accurate mag should work. But, keep in mind the internal dimensions are about 3.75". You won't get the full 3.85, but then you shouldn't need it.

If you're going with the accurate mag, you could always find a 110FCP 338 Lapua take off HSP stock that someone swapped out. It comes with the 3.85 bottom metal. Then, you would just need a 300 win magazine.

Broke_Okie_Ty
    Do you by chance know what the Accuracy International mag specs are? I almost feel like I could make my own mags.

Basic Member
    Do you by chance know what the Accuracy International mag specs are? I almost feel like I could make my own mags.
    No clue.

Broke_Okie_Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelpwr View Post
    No clue.
    Worth a shot. Thank you for all the help

Basic Member
    Glad to help.

reynoldsfamily3
    According to "Precision Rifle Blog" the COAL on a AICS 300 Win Mag magazine is 3.625 inches http://precisionrifleblog.com/2012/1...ions-max-coal/

Broke_Okie_Ty
    I'm going to give a shot to building my own mags. That way I can make them exactly how I want them.

reynoldsfamily3
    I ordered a Choate Tactical from CDI and had them inlet it for their bottom metal. That was the only way I could get a Long Action stock set up for DBM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldsfamily3 View Post
    I ordered a Choate Tactical from CDI and had them inlet it for their bottom metal. That was the only way I could get a Long Action stock set up for DBM.
    That's probably the easiest/cheapest, but not the only way.

Broke_Okie_Ty
    I'm looking for a more carry friendly stock. I don't want to pack a 15lb rifle 10 miles a day. I also don't feel the tactical would be very helpful for an off hand shot if I were presented with one.

I have settled on the Stockade woodchuck and if I can I will have it in-letted for the factory bottom metal and dbm. If not' I will just do it myself with the drimmel. Then I'll build my own mags to run the cartridge I want to run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12