Thread: glades armory bolt handle

LongRange

glades armory bolt handle

Factory...

Side by side...

Glades cross hatch...

So I email kevin at glades friday and after a few emails I ordered one of his handles and got it today and all I can say is this thing is bad a$$!!!! the leverage advantage over the stock handle is something you have to feel to believe...the biggest reason I ordered a new handle is because the stock one is short and i bumped the trigger twice while closing the bolt 2 saturdays ago while practicing holding on target and cycling the bolt.it wont happen again with this handle as its longer and keeps my finger away from the trigger!!
    Glades has a great product and customer service is awesome, if your in the market for a nice bolt handle contact kevin at glades armory he can make about any thing you want with tons of options.

Basic Member
    yep! sure looks great

Basic Member
    I wanted to give a shout out to Glades Armory - awesome bolt handles and excellent customer service! I ordered a couple of their bolt handles and encountered a small mistake in what they shipped (I happened to order mine in the middle of their move to a different shipping location). One e-mail and they had a new bolt handle headed my way along with the pre-paid shipping envelope to send the wrong bolt handle back - I was impressed.
    Randy

Team Savage
    Looks great

Basic Member
    I'm Glad I ran across this post because I ordered one of these (except black) this morning. I was worried that it might be a little over the top but seeing it on yours replaces those concerns with excitement. It looks great!

So much for the unique look to my rifle. ;-) Yep, these bolt handles are fantastic, and easy to install.
    "The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwil View Post
    So much for the unique look to my rifle. ;-) Yep, these bolt handles are fantastic, and easy to install.
    I REALLY like guns that make it easy to customize and make "mine." I wish the bolt on my Rem. 700 was as easy as this Savage. It's supposed to be here Monday, I can't wait!

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdoc173 View Post
    I REALLY like guns that make it easy to customize and make "mine." I wish the bolt on my Rem. 700 was as easy as this Savage. It's supposed to be here Monday, I can't wait!

The exact reason I dont own remmys....I burn out a barrel a year in my 300 and am guessing the 260 will be about every 14-15 months maybe sooner...spin the old one off spin the new one on and im good to go. And dont get me wrong I think remmys are fantastic riffles just a PITA to swap barrels.

Basic Member
    Here's the finished product. Thus far I absolutely can't say enough about this bolt handle/knob. I haven't taken it to the range yet but just cycling the bolt a few times instantly boosts the shooters confidence in his tool. It proves easy to see the difference between the old knob (which is smaller and produces a near slippery feel) and this Cross Hatch version is immense to put it mildly. It's equal to the contrast between a small tack hammer (as in that used by a bootmaker) and an eighteen inch framing hammer. Cycles are entirely tactile. My whole hand is now utilized in the process instead of just a small part of it and there is no missing when moving quickly to get the spent casing out and a new round into the chamber.

Cpl. Roque, Lester/Spc. Mendoza, Hugo/Pfc. Restrepo, Juan
    Killed In Action
    OEF VII/VIII

LongRange
    Amazing the difference a bolt handle makes....even with tight cases my bolt is easy to cycle. And like you said glades has some of the best CS ive delt with.
    Your riffle looks great!!!

Looks like from your comparison pic, your action is a round back, which is what I have. I really wish they made their handles in round back configuration. Got a pic from the rear of the action? Just curious how it looks on a round back. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    Looks like from your comparison pic, your action is a round back, which is what I have. I really wish they made their handles in round back configuration. Got a pic from the rear of the action? Just curious how it looks on a round back. Thanks!
    A couple of my rifles came from the factory with flat back handles behind a round back action. I like the look of the flat back handles better.

I like my Glades handle, it was too long for my liking. I just trimmed it down in the lathe and it is perfect. It's tough to find a good LH handle, and these are great.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    A couple of my rifles came from the factory with flat back handles behind a round back action. I like the look of the flat back handles better.
    Really?? Interesting... Got a pic by chance from the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    Really?? Interesting... Got a pic by chance from the rear?
    Not the factory handle but my shortened Glades.

My dad has the sister to this action. He still has his factory handle on. I could get a picture of that if you want. It looks the same except his handle is stainless.
    Last edited by geargrinder; 10-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Nah, that's good. Just wanted to see what it looked like. I think I prefer the round handle to be honest. Just think it matches up a little better.

It looks better than a round back handle on a flat back action. I've had to do that in a pinch. Works but is fugly.

Lol, I'm sure.