Thread: Rock River experiences?

Basic Member

Rock River experiences?

I've decided to get a 6.8 SPC upper for my Colt lower. Other than a custom build, Rock River is the only manufacturer that offers what I'm looking for and in my price range.
    The RR complete upper, with additional charge for free float tube = $660.

Can anyone share their experience with Rock River? Quality, accuracy, customer service?
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

I bought the r3 almost a year ago. RRA costomer service was great from a dealer standpoint. Very friendly and easy to get a hold of. I have no complaints of the rifle.

Basic Member
    Will know about the shooting later this week when predator gets here, their CS was very good and quick shipping. Been sitting on the fence too long, glad I got something put together off the shelf. (Field and Stream has interesting online pictures/article about RRA).

Basic Member
    I have been real happy with the RR's that I have shot. Really like the RR 2 stage match trigger. Expect MOA or slightly better with good ammo. With American Eagle FMJ ammo expect MOA or slightly worse.

My experience was is like everyone else's, very positive. Quality was great and accuracy was superb. Both of these are 5 shots at 100 yrds out of a 24" Varminter model. It is hard to find a better AR especially in that price range. These were 55 grn BTs out of a 1:8 twist.

More shooting, less typing.

As long a you're getting something that is actually in stock, you should be good to go. If something is out of stock, or a new product, their published wait times are usually about 20% of reality. I've had good experiences with their customer service, and the quality is very good.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    Read the barrels don't need break-in, haven't seen that in their manual. That's good shooting, hope this one does anywhere near that.

Basic Member
    Both my Service Rifles are RRA NM........zero complaints.

One arrived with a charging handle damaged in shipping, I had a new one at my door the next evening.

Basic Member
    Delivered a week ago, tried only cheap 55gr ammo in 8 twst/20" varmint barrel. Fit and finish is good, CS is great, shipping was fast. Used a scout rail to get the scope forward. Shooting tight groups at 100yds, tightens up at 200yrds, don't know why. Always a flyer or two in 10 shots, but groups are consistantly tight. Have some 69, 75 & 81 grain bullets to load and see what it will do at 200/300yrds. Folks at the shop had good things to say when inspecting it.
    Last edited by Appleseed; 10-08-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Basic Member
    I've always had very good results with my RRA 20" Varminter and the 458 SOCOM that I recently sold. Both rifles will shoot sub-moa with handloads everyday if I did my part. I have never had any problems from a RRA product,so I don't know about their customer service.

danthman114
    i have a match ar built by rr and i love it.

Basic Member
    This one shoots 20 rounds cheap ammo thumbnail size at 100 yrds. Haven't botherd to clean the barrel or load any ammo yet, I'm impressed.

Basic Member
    My wife's RRA Operator 20-round rapid fire at 100 yards with cheap 55gr PMC ammo ...

Last edited by FEENIX; 10-13-2014 at 05:40 AM.

I just have one question, does your colt lower have the larger take down pins and how do you get around that if you don't mind explaining?
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    I just have one question, does your colt lower have the larger take down pins and how do you get around that if you don't mind explaining?
    Take down pins are the same on Colt as any other AR15. In some cases, the trigger pins are different.
    I ended up building an upper (this thread is 2 months old) and had no issue with assembly onto my Colt lower.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]