Thread: Savage 110 DL in 270 Win

rankin_rookie

Savage 110 DL in 270 Win

Here is the new addition to the family. Still learning about it and Savage. Any thoughts?

Bolt's on the wrong side :)
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

The sky is the limit, that and your wallet. What would you like to do with it? target, hunting, plinking, tactical?

Either way, the Long action is a good place to start as it opens up a bunch more chambering choices.

Welcome to Savage, you just started an addiction more powerful than cigarettes.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

rankin_rookie
    Life would have been easier if I didn't require LH bolts for sure. I would have more options too. I would like to put a Boyd's Thumbhole stock on it and have it as my weekend warrior for the upcoming season. I got a scope for it this past weekend and got it driving nails at 100 yards. I love the way this little guy shoots.

Given that's a factory walnut stock and it's a good shooter I don't know if I'd screw around with an aftermarket stock if you don't plan on changing anything else. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone and just enjoy it as-is.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.