Thread: Benchmark barrels

loiblb

Benchmark barrels

Just got my heavy stainless fluted benchmark barrel out to the range today. The work done on my Savage rifle is flawless. Gun shoots far better then I can.

Basic Member
    More detail, Caliber,length ,etc. Benchmark do the work?

Basic Member
    It's hard not to love a Benchmark! I have two Strikers with Benchmark barrels (338/375 Ruger and 6mm BR) that are so consistently accurate that they're almost boring to shoot! I just with the wait time were a little shorter for one.

Andrew

Basic Member
    Benchmark is GTG. I've shot in a lot of matches with guys that were running benchmarks and they have nothing but good to say about them. Thinking of getting one in 260 ordered now so I'll have it before I shoot out my current factory barrel.

loiblb
    I only have two barrels by Benchmark. One is a 6.5x284 25" heavy ss barrel on a 40xbr with a vais muzzle break. The other is a .243 on a savage 12 it has a 1" stainless fluted w/ threaded muzzle both are single shot bench guns. I'm looking at a few muzzle breaks to put on it soon.Benchmark did the install
    Forgot the twist.

I also bought a ER Shaw what I think was no.2 contour in 7x57 and have had good luck with it for the money it was worth it.
    Last edited by loiblb; 08-24-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loiblb View Post
    I only have two barrels by Benchmark. One is a 6.5x284 25" heavy ss barrel on a 40xbr with a vais muzzle break. The other is a .243 on a savage 12 it has a 1" stainless fluted w/ threaded muzzle both are single shot bench guns. I'm looking at a few muzzle breaks to put on it soon.Benchmark did the install
    You could have Benchmark install one of their BRAKES. Or, if Ross Schuler is still doing installs for his brakes, that's probably the best deal out there.

-Rick
    Unbiased AR15, Barnard, BAT, Borden, Browning, Kelbly, Marsh, Nesika Bay, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Ultralight Arms owner. I like 'em all.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by yorketransport View Post
    It's hard not to love a Benchmark! I have two Strikers with Benchmark barrels (338/375 Ruger and 6mm BR) that are so consistently accurate that they're almost boring to shoot! I just with the wait time were a little shorter for one.

Andrew
    get you a 300win mag and you wont be bored lol.