Well, I've decided to purchase a 6.5 creedmoor for my long range gun and none of the factory Savage rifles really do it for me. The 12 LRP is too heavy for hunting, I hate the camo stock on the predator max and don't see the need for the muzzle break on the long range hunter. So anyways, I'm thinking of buying a donor action savage and getting it rebarreled to a 6.5 creedmoor. Depending on what I find I obviously may need to get it restocked and a new trigger on it unless it has the accustock and accutrigger. I really like the Savage rifles and that's why I figured I should stick with since I'm familiar with. I know nothing about doing this so I have no Ideal what calibers/actions will work. Also, I'm not a gunsmith buy very mechanically inclined. What should I be looking for? Also, will a rifle with a magazine or hinged floor plate need to be switched over for the 6.5 creedmoor? What's the best bang for the buck as far as barrels go and how hard is it to switch one over? I figure a custom barrel will be better that a savage stock barrel for the most part. Would like to keep the cost of the rifle around $1000 or so. Thanks for your input.