I finally got the low use Savage 12 F/TR with only 200 rounds clocked. Problem is it doesn't group at all. I'm getting 2 distinct groups - the main one and another lesser group (~20% of shots) 2 mins out at 2 O'clock right. I've replaced scope, checked bedding, bolts, etc etc. This is all with 155gr target projectiles, which I need to use in competition class.. I've even emailed Savage support and got a useless response as follows, in full below.

"I would bring it to your local gunsmith and have him check the barrel and then test the firearm. We use factory 168 grain Hornady TAP because it has a 1 in 10 twist
thank you"

Unfortunately this disagrees with their own website which states twist as 1 in 12. It also completely fails to acknowledge that a TARGET rifle only 200 rounds out from factory should not be shooting 2 groups 2 mins apart. I took above as complete disinterest from them..

BTW My nearest gunsmith is a 425km drive away...

Using a tight patch on cleaning rod is not proving perfect at measuring the twist for myself, I get slip every time, but am leaning towards 1 in 12 here.

Any ideas here on grouping please?