Thread: 110 .243

waterford103

110 .243

Hi , I just bought this rifle , it's in excellent condition - hardly shot . I can't find out much about it , the serial number finder says it's too old. My serial number is F 167824 , Can anyone help , I will be fitting a Boyds stock and new bottom metal to use AI mags TIA .

PS I'm in Scotland

It would have been manufactured prior to 1995. If it is a Model 110, it will be a long action but to be sure of what kind of stock it will take your should measure the distance between the holes on the stock that is on the rifle now.
    Last edited by wbm; 09-06-2014 at 02:00 PM.

waterford103
    Thanks , not knowing the date makes it hard to find parts especially over here . I will strip the rifle and measure up .

Long action screw spacing is 5.062" IIRC. The Boyd's stock should work nicely.

waterford103
    thanks - just ordered one

Did you order the Boyd's with the pillars already installed? If not, that is one of the first jobs you'll need to do (or a gunsmith). Glass bedding doesn't do a lot of good w/o pillars.

waterford103
    No - no pillars . We are limited to items under $100 for export to the UK so a stock at $99 dollars is it. However I have pillar bedded a lot of stocks so it's not an issue , I make my own pillars from stainless steel and I'm fitting a one piece DBM bottom metal to suit AICS mags . I made another barrel for it in .308 1 in 10 twist x 27" long to try and push a .308 out further. I'm looking forward to shooting it maybe next Sunday , stock will be here tomorrow so a full day on it should sort it out and leave a full day for the bedding to harden.

marlow243
    Sorry not trying to hijack could anyone tell me what Boyd's charges to instal pillars when you by a stock?

Thanks
    Last edited by marlow243; 09-10-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Miss spell

Basic Member
    I don't think Boyds will pillar a stock.

marlow243
    I didn't think so was hoping they started :)

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.