Thread: bull barrel in a boyds tacticool?

jlaz90

bull barrel in a boyds tacticool?

has anyone tried and had any luck fitting a bull or heavy varmint into a boyds tacticool? says that in front of the receiver its only open 3/4" but i would like to put a bigger contour barrel on the stock.

Basic Member
    The Tacticools are avail pre-channeled for Bull barrels if you like. Or you can open it up well beyond 1 inch by wrapping a wooden dowel or something similar with sand paper and sand it . I've done a few as have many others in the forum here.

here is a link to their tacticool inletted for the 110 top bolt release blindmag stagger feed. :http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...07692&cat=1215 Your specific model might not be avail straight from the factory ready for drop-in fit, but they can all be easily inletted by hand yourself. The barrel channel is especially easy. :) good luck with it.
    Last edited by foxx; 09-10-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Bear
    There is plenty of material on the tacticool forend to open it up for a varmint weight barrel. Just finished one.

Ranger412
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    There is plenty of material on the tacticool forend to open it up for a varmint weight barrel. Just finished one.
    Yep, me too. The detachable magazine version I got from them was only available for the factory sporter profile. I wrapped some 80 grit paper around a deep-well socket and worked on it for awhile. Not sure I have much in the way of fingerprints on my fingers anymore, but the stock came out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger412 View Post
    Yep, me too. The detachable magazine version I got from them was only available for the factory sporter profile. I wrapped some 80 grit paper around a deep-well socket and worked on it for awhile. Not sure I have much in the way of fingerprints on my fingers anymore, but the stock came out great.
    Yep, same for me. Even down to the lack of fingerprints.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar