Morning all, I'm kinda hoping somebody has a little 110 specific knowledge and can save me a headache or two in getting my "yard sale gun" tuned. This is a 90's vintage Savage 110, 30-06 that I picked up (yep, at a yard sale) because the previous owner "couldn't get it to group". After finding and fixing a loose front scope mount and small split in the walnut stock near the rear action screw I was consistently getting about 2MOA out of it, which definitely isn't stellar. So I added aluminum pillars front and rear, bedded the action/recoil lug with devcon, and floated the barrel and the tang. Now at 100 yd I'm getting sub MOA groups horizontally, but my three shot groups are stringing vertically at about 1.5 MOA using Factory loaded Nosler Accubond 180's.

I've checked the Scope (an inexpensive Simmons 6x18) for parallax issues and that doesn't appear to be the problem, the trigger break is clean and consistent as well. Before I start searching randomly for other problems I thought I'd ask if anybody knows if there's a "common culprit" for this model rifle? I've heard that the 110 might be finicky about action bolt torque, and I'm wondering about the possibility of adding a barrel post/screw near the front of the stock, but I've never had to do that on my other rifles and I'm not sure if it's the correct remedy for this particular model.

Most of my groups were shot with about 1-2 min between shots and about 5 min between groups by the way.

Thanks all.