Thread: Savage 64 Speed loader?

jumperj

Savage 64 Speed loader?

I've been looking around on here, but haven't found anything on it. I bought a "Baby UpLula" To help me load my mags on a model 64. It doesn't fit the mags. Is there a speed loader out there that fits the Savage 64 magazine? They have sharp corners on the bottoms and after 5 or 6 mags, my hands are getting pretty sore. Any suggestions?

bremereric
    The baby uplula is for pistol loads. .380 and lower.

Palms
    Reloaded magazines more than 50 times on a weekend full and partially for an Appleseed = no fingers left! It makes you appreciate the older mags as they are easier to load. If someone finds an easy loader for those 64 mags please please post.

fartsinpublic
    I'm just hoping for a belt-fed conversion for it. Why bother with mags? :)

jumperj
    I think I'm going to attack the corners of those mags with my dremmel and see if it helps. I enjoy shooting that rifle.. Hate loading those mags.

Sharp mag

Quote Originally Posted by jumperj View Post
    I've been looking around on here, but haven't found anything on it. I bought a "Baby UpLula" To help me load my mags on a model 64. It doesn't fit the mags. Is there a speed loader out there that fits the Savage 64 magazine? They have sharp corners on the bottoms and after 5 or 6 mags, my hands are getting pretty sore. Any suggestions?
    I used fine wet/dry sandpaper and dulled the edge where the bullets enter/exit the magazine.

RAEIND Magazine Loader Unloader for German Sports Gun 1911-Firefly GSG .22LR Handgun Speed Loader Mag Loader

$12.98

FREE Shipping

I just lightly rubber fine wet/dry sandpaper on the sharp edge and it works for me.

Basic Member

Thumbs Up M-64 Magazine Loading tools Re-visited

Hi RRRoger - Thanks for bringing this thread back to life ;-) I posted a comment (many mods, search my posts) about mags and other repairs and mentioned the 'Quickie loader' from Hiljak https://hilljak.com/shop?olsPage=t%2F22lr&page=2 . They make loaders for lots of different magazines. The one for 64s runs $10.99 + shipping and they're an Ohio small Mfg. I live in Canada and with shipping it would have cost me over $30, so I made my own, using a plastic 35mm film canister, a screw, and a bit of a click-pen tube. Works for me for a 1/2 hour build instead of $30