Thread: Savage LA 6.5 CM

JNpixels

Savage LA 6.5 CM

Hi.. i'm looking to build a 6.5CM out of savage 111 270 . can't find much info on this, what do i need for this conversion? thanks for all you help

Team Savage
    a barrel, headspace gauges, barrel nut wrench, action wrench

I did the same from a 25-06. So barrel nut wrench, bench vice, headspace device.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    a barrel, headspace gauges, barrel nut wrench, action wrench
    This and a hour of your time, if you take a nap.
    if you have a smooth barrel nut you'll need a smooth nut wrench or a pipe wrench and new nut.

JNpixels
    Awesome... this be the first time for me. what brand of barrels you guys like and any one have a LA 6.5CM?

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by JNpixels View Post
    Awesome... this be the first time for me. what brand of barrels you guys like and any one have a LA 6.5CM?
    most all after market barrels are good to go...personal all ill ever shoot are shilen barrel....contact jim briggs at north land shooter supply he probably has a barrel in stock as well as the other stuff youll need.

Quote Originally Posted by JNpixels View Post
    I have a long action Creed, yes.
    Honestly, I shoot E.R. Shaw barrels. This current LA Creed, came with a "tight spot" when cleaning it out of shipping. It holds MOA at a mile, and is not the first to do so. They don't stay "as clean" as barrels that have been lapped by angels, and blessed by the Pope. But unless accuracy falls off, I don't clean them anyway. This creed is about 500 rounds until I clean it. People tell me you can't do that, and the barrel well not last. Maybe that is true, but my 308 still holds the same accuracy to a mile, and I have 3500 rounds through it. Too many want to buy some tricky crap and pretend that good equipment with no skill and learning will save them from themselves.

So does it matter? Only if it does to you, I won't spend the money for "magic", but won't make fun of the man who does.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.