Thread: Swift or Hawke Optics Opinions

Basic Member

Swift or Hawke Optics Opinions

Does anyone have any experience with these two brands of rifle scopes? I see them in a comparable price range with Mueller optics, I consider Mueller's as a very high value for price optic. You get a lot of scope for the dollars... not perfect, but you also don't break the bank to purchase one.
    Thanks for any input.
    Someday I hope to live the lifestyle that my wife and children enjoy.

I can't say enough about them, I am totally sold on the swifts, and here is where to get them.

http://www.thesportsmonkey.com/categories/Rifle-Scopes/

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Savage6x284
    The Swift and Hawke scopes I've examined all struck me as mediocre at best optically.
    The low price for high mag scopes doesn't give me the warm fuzzies concerning potential durability either.
    For relatively low price optics anything in the Bushnell Elite series would be far superior.
    In my opinion.

n4ue
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with these two brands of rifle scopes? I see them in a comparable price range with Mueller optics, I consider Mueller's as a very high value for price optic. You get a lot of scope for the dollars... not perfect, but you also don't break the bank to purchase one.
    Thanks for any input.
    Ibex, I have a safe full of Muellers and love 'em. I also have a couple of Hawke scopes and they are great as well. And yes, I have several Redfields, Burris, Weaver, Nikon, etc. Don't overlook Millett. I have 3 of the 35 mm tube, 6-25X56 monsters on rifles and they are great. The Millett 4-16X50 is also a nice scope for the $.
    I don't hunt, so the size is no concern to me.
    Don't make a mistake of trying to look through a bunch of scopes in a sporting goods store. They all kinda look the same (at least to these old eyes)....

ron

Basic Member
    Thank you everyone!
    Someday I hope to live the lifestyle that my wife and children enjoy.

I have a Swift 6X18X44 coming from SWFA. I'll advise on it when I put it through it's paces.

Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    I can't say enough about them, I am totally sold on the swifts, and here is where to get them.

http://www.thesportsmonkey.com/categories/Rifle-Scopes/

Dean
    +1! I recently got a Swift 6X18X44 from SWFA and really like it. One con I can think of is no click value reminder on the adjustment rings. My first trip to the range, I couldn't remember if it as 1/8" or 1/4", lol. I've remedied that with a small piece of masking tape.

Granted, it's no Leupold or Night Force but for the modest sum of $149.00 (Demo-B) I can't complain. The click adjustments seem to be very close to being spot on when adjusting windage/elevation. I had no problem adjusting zero from 200 yards to 400 yards with my 223 AI. My best group at 400 was 2.2 inches with a Berger 75 grain VLD over 23.7 grains of N-140 before the heat mirage became terrible. Would I like a better scope? Sure, but living on a fixed retired income, I do the best I can. I'm satisfied.
    Last edited by GaCop; 09-24-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Basic Member
    I recently purchased a 4-16x44 Hawke varmint model when the scope on my hunting rifle puked out. I live in a small town with limited retail choices, and didn't have time to shop and order exactly what I wanted. It was definitely a bit of a gamble, but for $175 out the door (demo model on clearance), and a lifetime replacement guarantee I figured I could always throw it on one of my smallbore rifles if I didn't like it. So far It's been great. Optics aren't quite on the level of a Vortex Viper or Nikon Monarch (I've used both, but am too cheap to put one on a sub $200 rifle), but it's definitely several notches above anything else I could touch for the price. I've been able to see my POI on paper targets out to 300 yd while sighting it in. Adjustments feel good and POI actually seems to track with the adjustment increments, and so far it's holding a zero very well on my 30-06. My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of putting a mil dot reticle on scopes with MOA adjustments. I'd really have preferred a reticle with MOA calibrated markings. But since Hawke has a free ballistic calculator program and phone app it's not as big a problem as I feared.
    Last edited by hal9000; 09-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.