I have been a collector and shooter of military firearms including machine guns, 1870s-1949 for the last 40 years. In fact until a few years ago never owned a "new" firearm. I got the bug last year for some glass and longer range shooting. I have fired 600 yard iron sight ranges many times. However wanted to move to the 1000 yard and beyond category. My first modern purchase was a Barrett M82A1, not my first 50 BMG. The first was a rebarreled Boyes antitank rifle. Then there came the M1a and two AR 15s. I have since purchases a Savage 110 BA in .338 LM which I have fired on steel out to 1200 yards. Trying to find some longer ranges for this baby. Now it is not a tack driver. I can shoot .5-.6 MOA at 100 yards and had no trouble on the steel 16 inch plates at 1200 yards. While I say it is not a tack driver I was pleased with the accuracy of a mass produced right out of the box gun. Next up for me was a Savage 10 BA .308 It has also been used to shoot steel out to 1000 yards. Another lucky strike? A pretty accurate mass produced gun right out of the box. Not as accurate as my .338 but close. Most recent purchase is a Savage LRH in 6.5X284. Have been sighting in and load work up the past two weekends. I like this caliber, only complaint is sporter barrel which gets to hot to fast. Best grouping on this has been 5 shots at .3 inches at 100 yards. So right now I am a Savage convert. Hope to pick up some interesting and useful info from this board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u01-RBpWNUE