Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 WSM Ammo instock

Basic Member

17 WSM Ammo instock

been looking and cannot find any in stock, not that I can shoot it tomorrow since it is supposed to be -15 to -20 in the morning. saw it at my local WM and didn't buy any since I didn't know if I was buying a rifle yet. and now they are out and the guy told me it is a deleted item and doesn't look like they are getting anymore. anybody else heard this? got 2 boxes on BO at cabelas but haven't seen any more yet. Not paying $30 a box on GB

Basic Member
    I have not been able to find any since the holidays. I was buying online and at my local academy outdoors. Nothing available now.

Basic Member
    No big name stores close to me other than WM, a buddy of mine lives a mile from Bass Pro in Ohio and they didn't have any either, he is going keep checking

Crockett
    I have to believe that the attention that was brought to the defective rounds has stopped the release of any new ammo until the issues have been addressed. They are probably going thru what they had ready to ship also!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    I have to believe that the attention that was brought to the defective rounds has stopped the release of any new ammo until the issues have been addressed. They are probably going thru what they had ready to ship also!
    I hope you are right, no more split cases would be nice.

Basic Member
    Maybe Winchester decided that it was more trouble than it was worth and just stopped making the 17WSM ammo?

Irish

Basic Member
    they better have not or they are going to own a new rifle :)

rona
    I have a HMR17 made by Savage and accuracy is perfect. The B-Mag was advertised as to be a step above with similar accuracy to 200 yards. I think that was the expectation.
    Not being a expert but after reading the glowing reports from professionals shooting this rifle this was what I was expecting.
    After reading numerous reports from owners about the "odd flyer" in a otherwise good target I am inclined to blame the ammo. It seems to happen to many people and I can't believe we all magically flinch once every 5 rounds. It would seem hard to believe the barrel would get that hot after 5 rounds. If that was true I think somebody would have noticed it by now.
    Does anyone know if Savage out-sources its products? Barrels made in one country and stocks in another? Not downgrading the idea if quality control is used since many companies do this but just curious.
    Last edited by J.Baker; 02-17-2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Took out pointless political statement - next time it happens I'll issue the infraction and you'll get a 3-day vacation.

stephenlnoe
    I crony'd my rounds and found approx 150 fps max spread on 20 rounds. That's a ton and will change POI a lot.

Basic Member
    A local GS had about 30 boxes of each 20 and 25 grain on the shelf on Tuesday they said they just got the shipment that morning and had plenty more in the back.

Basic Member
    Lucky U, I wish I could find some. I have some more accuracy testing I'd like to do.

Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by edkin View Post
    a local gs had about 30 boxes of each 20 and 25 grain on the shelf on tuesday they said they just got the shipment that morning and had plenty more in the back.
    pictures or it didn't happpen!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    pictures or it didn't happpen!
    I should have done that didn't think of it at the time. I was too busy grabbing the 2 boxes they would allow you to buy and the IMR8208 and Rem 7 1/2 primers to get worry about pictures I was like a kid on Christmas morning.

pinhigh223
    new to page but in need of help had .17 wsm for about 3 months and seems like no one in Michigan is carrying ammo either 20 or 25 any one having luck

rona
    Join the club. Sure is fun isn't it. Some places have all kinds of ammo but some states just aren't on the favored list.
    I got the rifle in August but couldn't find ammo until Nov. Then got one box and found out the rifle wouldn't eject the emptys and accuracy was terrible. Sent it back and got a new one but its been to cold and windy to do anything with it.
    If you go to Florida you probably could find some as people say there is plenty there.

n4ue
    Yep, here in the Sunshine State, we have the ammo and a couple of rifles at the lgs. He only sold 2. Mine and another poor unfortunate. He used to keep the WSM ammo behind the counter but now it's out on the floor. No takers.
    I'm so disappointed in my rifle, I don't even shoot it any more. The .17 HH (M25) is much more accurate.....
    I still will never understand why they didn't use the M25 as the basis for the WSM. Heck, even my M93TR has a huge bbl/action compared to the WSM......

ron

Basic Member
    still no luck here in Iowa, even have a couple buddies with FFL's and they checked the suppliers and nobody has any right now

rona
    Last year I and some of my friends looked all over Minn for 17B Mag ammo with no success. Late in the fall I got a phone call from a friend in a neighboring town who told me to go to a new Gunsmith in my home town and ask in there. Rumor had it that he got some in. I drove in and got 4 boxes 18.89 plus tax 20 grain.
    I wanted to buy a Savage B Mag rifle from him but he said he could only get one and it was spoken for so got one from a nearby town. That store has yet to sell any ammo.
    About a month ago I stopped into that new gunsmith and he had 8 more boxes of B Mag 20 grain so bought them. The temps look to be above freezing so if there is no wind I hope to do some serious target shooting and see what the new rifle will do.
    What part of Iowa are you located?

Basic Member
    SE Iowa

rona
    I was thinking I go to Spirit Lake to get Fishing supplies in the spring. I could being a couple boxes along if you lived close but that's a long ways for you to drive.

Basic Member
    yep quit a ways to drive from Mt. Pleasant

rona
    With the complaints of cracked brass and different weights of ammo resulting in bad accuracy maybe Winchester is revamping its Quality Control?

Basic Member
    SCORED :)
    Walked into Wal mart on lunch today to get work pants (non to be had) and the magnetic ammo case drew me from across the store,
    walked up and low and behold there sat 10 boxes of the 25gr 2600fps ammo on the shelf, a week ago they told me it was a deleted item. 3 guys were looking at it and talking but non owned a B-Mag. I figured they would buy it to put on GB but they walked away.
    Bought my limit of 3 and as I was walking out of the store my sister called me and was heading to Wal-Mart herself, told her and she went and bought me 3 more boxes. 4 left going to stop in the morning and see if any left.

Yankee
    Removed
    Last edited by Yankee; 02-25-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Basic Member
    watch Cabelas, the last couple days I have seen it come in and out of stock the 25gr 2600fps both times I saw it

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast