Hello,

I am new to the forum and I joined to find out more about the 10 FCP-k. I've had one for about a year and a half, .308, and I've really never been able to group well with it.

I've tried different techniques. I adjusted the trigger, I made it quite light.

I thought maybe I didn't set the action to stock properly, since there is a little procedure to go through, so I took it apart again. Then, I don't know what I did, but I stripped the head of the rear action screw and couldn't get it out. Darn. I drilled it out and was able to remove it with a bolt extractor bit. I ordered new action screws from Savage and set it again. Scope base and rings are Ken Farrell Inc., so they are high quality and are torqued correctly.

Knowing it might be me, I have let others shoot the rifle with similar results, including an ex-military guy that I work with who is an avid shooter. He grouped a little better than I did, but not better than 4 inches.

I never did try high quality ammo, so I'm going to try better match ammo, but if it still doesn't group, shouldn't I send it back to Savage??