Thread: 7mm Remington Magnum load

Basic Member

7mm Remington Magnum load

I am on the fence about ordering the Berger hybrid 180gr bullet for the 7mm rem mag. In yalls experience, how does this bullet perform? The rifle is fitted with a Brux 27" 1 in 9 twist barrel.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Try it out you may be surprised like I was. they shoot great out of my 26" Benchmark bbl over 3000 FPS with Retumbo gonna try H1000 next to see if the spreads are better.
    It is the most accurate pill out my rifle. gonna also try in my 280 Rem.

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info guys!!
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Are you using the 180 hybrid over the 180 VLD so they will fit in the magazine?
    I haven't used that exact bullet, but I have had good luck with the other Berger hybrids. I use the 185 classic hunter in my 300WM. They are great for those of us who are first and formost "hunters" and don't like the idea of a single shot hunting rifle.
    I just wish Berger made the 30 cal 210 in a hybrid hunting bullet too!
    Last edited by Londerko; 08-31-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Londerko View Post
    Are you using the 180 hybrid over the 180 VLD so they will fit in the magazine?
    I haven't used that exact bullet, but I have had good luck with the other Berger hybrids. I use the 185 classic hunter in my 300WM. They are great for those of us who are first and formost "hunters" and don't like the idea of a single shot hunting rifle.
    I just wish Berger made the 30 cal 210 in a hybrid hunting bullet too!
    Na, I was shooting the 168gr matchking out of the rifle, but can't seem to find any right now. I saw that the 180gr Hybrid is available and ordered a box to see how it shoots.

Basic Member
    Gotcha,
    Gotta shoot what you can get your hands on these days. I have been very impressed with the accuracy of the Hybrid Berger bullets. My factory sporter savage will shoot 5 at 1/2moa if I do my part

Basic Member
    I really want to give the 180's a try but held off thinking they would have to be pushed too hard for my factory barrel. But am reconsidering with retumbo re appearing on shelves. Could be just the ticket. Just running out of time for a new load this year.

Basic Member
    63g of reloader 22 was the ticket. Awesome load.

LongRange
    Nice thing with the hybrids is they are not so seating depth sensitive like the vlds and have to agree with psharon the reloader powders are great powders.