I want to convert my 110 .30-06 to .375 H&H. I've searched quite a bit and based on threads here I've learned that the action is long enough for the big rounds, and even bigger STW rounds, however the magazine and the hole in the bottom of the receiver are not. Apparently you used to be able to buy an Ultra Mag magazine but it's discontinued.

So my plan is to buy a .300WM magazine, cut the front off of it, cut the front portion off my current magazine and weld/braze/solder/JBweld or otherwise graft the two together to make one SUPERMAGAZINE! Then I plan to mill out the rear of the mag opening in the bottom of the receiver to make it long enough for the new magazine.

My questions are these:

1) Does my 110 have enough bolt travel? With the bolt all the way at the rear there is some unused space between the front of the bolt and back of the magazine. Is this typically enough or do I need to modify for more bolt throw?

2) If I need more bolt throw, can I just mill a notch in the back of the bolt shroud where the stop hits it? Is there anything I need to be especially aware of before modifying the bolt shroud?

3) Once I build my supermagazine, how do I attach the back of it to the receiver that has been milled out? Do I need to cut a new groove in the receiver with a key seat cutter or is there an easier way?

4) Will the RUM/STW follower that is supposedly still available fit through my supermagazine or is there a rib or some other feature that is going to be in the wrong spot from the WinMag magazine?

5) If anybody has pics of a Savage converted to .375 H&H I'd love to see them for motivation!