I have been shooting F class with my Savage model 10 .308 that I built with a Shilen heavy 26" barrel for almost a year now. I have been shooting cheap (Hornady, Nosler 155 & 168 bullets at 600 to get a handle on wind reading and to keep expenses down while learning. I have come to the conclusion that .308 is a bit too much recoil to shoot upwards of 70 rounds a day for a 600 match. Plus the ballistics are not that great compared to some of the other choices out there. I am not shooting off a bipod (F- T/R) so am not limited to this round. I have been thinking about rebarreling in a couple of other calibers. 260 Remington seems like the simplest choice as the 6.5 bullets have much better ballistics in general, I can use my same head space gauge and I can still use the Lee Collet neck die that I really like. The other choice would be 6mm br. It has excellent ballistics, is very efficient as far as powder is concerned, and seems to be very accurate. Both rounds get good barrel life which is important as I will probably have to change barrels every 18 months or so. So this is my thinking up to this point. Any thoughts along these lines would be helpful.