Thread: Help to ID Savage 99 .300

horselady99

Help to ID Savage 99 .300

I need some help, please. I have a Savage 99 .300. serial number 632004 or possibly 832004. The first digit is incomplete in the middle. I think is a 6, though. I believe it is an EG model. It has checkered triangle on both sides of the small schoble forearm, pistol grip shotgun stock. 24" barrel. Can't make out the lever boss letter - just a half circle for the top of the letter. It is in very good to excellent condition. Could you please tell me the year it was manufactured, what model (EG,) etc, and what it is appox. worth now? Thank you.

Basic Member
    99 EG (if stocks original) 300 Eg is very common, because it works! Values $300-600, super pristine maybe more, on a very good day. Don't keep records on years, but 800,000 serials are very rare, so most likely a 6 number, and most likely from the 50's.

horselady99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    99 EG (if stocks original) 300 Eg is very common, because it works! Values $300-600, super pristine maybe more, on a very good day. Don't keep records on years, but 800,000 serials are very rare, so most likely a 6 number, and most likely from the 50's.
    Thank you, Fireball for the info. Actually, I have wanted a lever action 30-30 for a very long time and tried out the new ones and they just didn't do anything for me. So, I went shopping for a vintage marlin or winchester. I found the marlin and he also had the savage 99 .300. I fell in love with everything about the 99! Love the way it chambers, the smooth action, perfect balance and sheer beauty and function of the gun. i hope you're right about it working because I guess I paid too much for it based on your estimates but, I still think it's a treasure. It's an amazing and interesting gun, especially for it's time.

Had to buy the 1970 Marlin 30-30 too. Couldn't pass it up! Apparently got it for a great price so, I'm happy. Guess I need to start looking for a vintage Winny -so I'll own the 3 best hunting rifles of the last century. I think they'll make great gifts for my sons (after I bag at least one deer with each). But, if it shoots like I anticipate, I think I'll be hanging on to the 99 for myself!

Thanks again for your help.
    horselady99

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.