Thread: Just pulled the trigger on an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000

Basic Member

Just pulled the trigger on an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000

I just pulled the trigger on an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000!

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet...e-stock/Detail

This is my first HS Precision stock so I look forward to testing her out. I am getting my 24" 11VT 308 cut down and threaded to 18" which will pair nicely with my Specwar 762 can. I wanted a tactical-style rifle that I can take hunting or shoot plates with at 1000yrds max, so I figured this would be a good combo. Originally I was just going to buy a separate rifle and have a 16" and a 24", but I decided I'd rather dump my money into one gun than two mediocre ones. Also, it will also be much easier to reload for one gun than two.

It comes with an aluminum bedding block - is it still a good idea to bed it or should the block suffice? Also, I shouldn't have any issues using the bottom bolt release, should I? I measured the action screws and they were spot-on according to the stockysstocks guide.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on an HS Precision Pro-Series 2000!

It comes with an aluminum bedding block - is it still a good idea to bed it or should the block suffice?
    It always a good idea to do at least a skim coat bedding job on a block. If you use a contact transfer material (Dykem, inletting black, lipstick) on the action then set it in the block you'll see why.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

michaelnel
    My 10 FCP came with an HS Precision stock from the factory. I called HSP and asked them about skim bedding it, and they said "Don't do it. Not needed. If you do it, you will void your warranty".

Mine shoots great without skim bedding it, so I see no reason to do so.

They do make nice stuff, although I would never buy there products because of there affiliation with, Lon Horiuchi,

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.